Engineering Support Services
Our office is located on the second floor of The John Hodgins Engineering Building (JHE), room 216A.
If you are lost or are looking for something please drop by – we would be more than happy to direct you.
Caroline WayTechnical Administrative Assistant, Engineering Support Services – JHE-216A
Melissa RobinsonTechnical Administrative Assistant, Engineering Support Services – JHE 216A
Keys & Access Cards
COVID-19 Update for Keys and Access Cards
The office will be open, Monday through Friday from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm for key and access card transactions.
Please look here for updates as we transition through the COVID back to work updated timelines.
Cash is no longer recommended for the Key and Access Card transactions. Where possible, keys and access cards are now issued with your deposit as a charge to your student account. The monies will be credited to your account once keys or cards are returned.
- Keys: $20 deposit
- Access cards: $10 deposit
- If you are a paid McMaster employee you can get a free Working at McMaster employee access card at the Parking service desk.
- Those authorized to submit physical key request may do so by completing the Key Authorization Form
Undergrad Lab Access
- Undergrad lab access is issued based on your class schedule and department.
- Access cards automatically renew and update each semester after the add-drop date.
- If you do not have an access card – stop by our office to pick one up.
- Each department in engineering authorizes access to their rooms.
- If you require access to a room, please visit the corresponding department first.
- Once you have obtained departmental approval, please contact our office.
Undergrad Hatch Access
All Engineering undergrad students are eligible to obtain an access card for the Hatch building.
The access card will open up the following rooms:
- H101 – The Engineering Lounge
- H201 – Meeting Study Area
- H203 – Meeting Study Area
- H204A – Council Room (first door)
- H204B – Council Room (second door)
- H205 – Meeting Study Area
- H324 – Collaborative Learning Centre
The card requires a (refundable) $10 deposit.
As the card will be active until you graduate this access cannot be added to existing access cards.
The Dean’s meeting rooms can be booked through The Hub if you are a McMaster staff or faculty member in Engineering.
Registered Undergraduate student clubs in engineering can book: JHE-265, JHE-H324, JHE-326B, or JHE-328 for engineering events/meetings only.
To book the JHE lobby/main floor please contact Conference Services (email@example.com)
JHE Meeting Rooms
The Hub books the following meeting rooms in the John Hodgins Engineering Building (JHE).
Student clubs must email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a booking.
Capacity: 14-16 people around the boardroom table; room holds up to 21 people
Media available: TV projection system (Kramer), whiteboards, videoconferencing (Zoom) and teleconferencing
JHE-H324 (Collaborative Learning Centre)
Capacity: 24 chairs around 8 long tables
Media available: TV projection system (Kramer) with up to 4 independent screens, videoconferencing (Vidyo) and teleconferencing
Capacity: 12-14 people around the boardroom table; room holds up to 21 people
Media available: Built-in projector (and cables) with screen, whiteboards and telephone
JHE-328 (The Engineering Lounge)
Capacity: 16 people around the boardroom table
Media available: TV projection system (Kramer)
JHE-A114 (Dean’s Executive Boardroom)
Capacity: 34 people around the boardroom table
Media available: TV projection system (Kramer), videoconferencing (Zoom), teleconferencing and telephone
ABB Tower Meeting Rooms
All rooms seat a maximum of 8 people. These rooms are not available to student clubs.
ABB C102 –TV projection system (Kramer) and video conferencing
ABB C201 –TV projection system (Kramer)
ABB D301 –TV projection system (Kramer)