- 5 years
- Bachelor of Engineering & Management (Co-op Available)
This unique program blends an accredited engineering education with core business learning, fostering a synergistic understanding of both fields. It emphasizes civil engineering’s crucial role in shaping interactions between people and their environments, equipping engineers to design essential societal facilities and tackle complex challenges using established and emerging technologies.
What I love about my stream is how real it is. Civil Engineering students take courses on materials like steel and concrete which are used to construct buildings, bridges, hydro dams, highways, sewer systems, and more. Moreover, we look at the environmental impacts civilization has on our world both locally and globally.
Example career paths:
- Design and construction of buildings and infrastructure systems
- Earthquake engineering
- Environmental and water resources engineering
- Techniques to increase the performance of concrete, masonry and steel structures; mitigation of damage due to extreme load situations
- Sensing and automation for heavy construction; development of innovative disruptive and intelligent transportation systems.
- Watershed planning and storm water management; groundwater cleanup; energy harvesting from wastewater
- Mitigation of damage due to earthquake, blast and other extreme load situations
- Watershed planning and stormwater management
- Energy harvesting from wastewater
How to apply
Understand every step, from applying, to accepting your offer and joining us on campus!
Department of Civil Engineering
We’re building healthier communities to create a brighter world.