- Financial support to outstanding eligible students pursuing Masters studies in 2019/2020.
The deadline to apply is December 3, 2018. There are no extensions granted by the Agency.
Scholarships will be awarded in April 2019, and are only tenable at the university who offered the award.
Eligible applicants for CGS-M who choose McMaster as one of their institutions will be automatically considered for a McMaster OGS award.
- This is a Provincial award with a McMaster internal process.
- Applicants to the CGS M Program must complete their application using the Research Portal. There is one application form for all three agencies (NSERC, SSHRC, CIHR); this year it is being hosted on the NSERC Research Portal.
Due Date: December 3, 2018
Graduate student stipends will be provided following the current practices of the existing graduate programs of the Faculty of Engineering and Health Sciences. Stipends will consist of some combination of research supervisor grant funds, scholarship funds from the School of Graduate Studies, and TA placements based on availability of resources and need. The TA work will be performed where the student’s undergraduate and graduate background can be utilized.
Students are encouraged to apply for relevant external scholarships including NSERC, CIHR, OGS, and OGSST. Students with external scholarships typically are eligible to receive TA support and a School of Graduate Studies Scholarship allocation. They may also receive additional support from research grants at the discretion of the supervisor.
McMaster University puts time limits on funding that are normally 24 months for Masters’ students and 4 years for Ph.D. students. Funding beyond these limits can be given from research grants at the discretion of the supervisor.
- The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program attracts and retains world-class doctoral students and helps establish Canada as a global centre of excellence in research and higher learning.
- The objective of the Vanier CGS Doctoral Scholarships program:
- To attract and retain world-class doctoral students and establish Canada as a global centre of excellence in research and higher learning.
- Vanier Scholars demonstrate leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies in the social sciences and/or humanities, natural sciences and/or engineering and health.
- For more information, and to create your account on ResearchNet for the on-line Vanier CGS Doctoral Scholarship application, please refer to the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (CGS) – Doctoral Scholarship website
- Tuesday, September 11, 2018, 10:00 am. Stage 1 Letter of Intent (LOI) package is due to SGS.
- Thursday, October 11, 2018, 10:00 am. Stage 2 endorsed candidate applications are due to SGS.
- Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 11:59 pm McMaster INTERNAL RESEARCHNET DEADLINE (FOR STUDENTS):
Stage 2 endorsed candidates will submit a complete application on ResearchNet.
- Wednesday, October 31, 2018 (8:00 pm Eastern Time) Vanier Deadline McMaster must
forward their selected nominations to the Vanier CGS program
Due Date: October 31, 2018