Manager, Alumni Relations
Greetings, MacEngineering Alumni!
I know that you, like everyone these days, are very busy. However, MacEngineering continues to need your support. There are many opportunities for you to “Give Back to Mac” that don’t involve a lot of time, commitment … or money!
For additional opportunities on how you can “Give Back to Mac”, please check the links on this website. If you have a new suggestion of how alumni can assist engineering students and/or the Engineering program, please contact me.
Here is just a sample of ways you can make a difference in the lives of our engineering students:
- Spread the word about MacEngineering! When you meet talented high school students at business or family gatherings, direct them to our website at www.eng.mcmaster.ca.
- Participate in a Social Connection Night Workshop – a forum where alumni and students meet to discuss career development, scholastic programs, university life, and the life of an engineer after graduation.
- Go Eng Girl – an event specially geared to girls from grades 7 to 10, where our female graduates introduce the exciting possibilities for women that are offered through a degree in engineering.
- Volunteer to speak at Women in Engineering Speakers Night- an evening dedicated to female undergraduate students to learn about what is it like to be an Engineer and a women in a male dominated field.
- Alumni Speaker Series – distinguished alumni volunteer to speak to students, faculty, and the larger community concerning important engineering issues and relating their individual success stories.
- Co-op and Career initiatives – the Department offers engineering co-op programs, as well as career panel and employer-in-residence events; you and your company are invited to become involved in nurturing and mentoring the engineers of the future.
- Alumni Advisory Committee – volunteer for a term and give us your advice, suggestions, and ideas for improving alumni connections.
- Alumni Events & Activities – come out and participate in events such as the golf tournament, the annual wine tasting/scotch tasting evenings, the Salsa Night … and more; rekindle friendships and make new ones.
- Reunions – attend your year’s Reunion to reconnect with Mac, meet current students and faculty, tour the engineering facilities, and learn what’s new at MacEngineering.
- Engineering Anniversaries- In 2011 come out and celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Best Kept Secret at Mac....KIPLING!! This event will be a once in a lifetime opportunity to "Re-live" your kipling ceremony and re-connect with MacEngineering Alumni.
A reminder, too, that the MacEngineer always welcomes news about you ... achievements, career changes, awards, and personal updates regarding family. Send updates to me and the office. Let’s keep engineering alumni in touch!