Target first year enrolment is 140 for September 2017. After first year, 90 spots are available in the Bachelor of Engineering and Biomedical Engineering program and 50 spots are available in the Bachelor of Health Sciences in Health, Engineering Science and Entrepreneurship program. Students are guaranteed a spot in second year, however, space in each program is awarded on a competitive basis.
Admission Timeline for Fall 2017 Admissions
- January 15, 2017 - OUAC application deadline | OUAC application code: MEH or MEI (co-op)
- Late January - you will receive an email invitation from KIRA Talent describing the interview process in more detail
- Late January - supplementary applications OPEN for a 2 week duration
- Mid February - supplementary applications CLOSE
Top 6 Grade 12 U/M courses including:
ENG 4U – English
MCV 4U – Calculus
SCH 4U – Chemistry
SPH 4U – Physics
SBI 4U – Biology
- Anticipated Admissions Average: 90%+
- Supplementary Application (mandatory) - $40 Fee | Submission Deadline: mid-February (date TBD)
The supplementary application will consist of 3 questions (2 video response and 1 written response) and will take approximately 30 minutes to complete. Students will require an internet connected computer with a functioning webcam and microphone to complete the application. Unlimited practice sessions are available for video responses, however, once you begin your formal video interview, you will only get one opportunity to answer each question. Only one supplementary application is required for those who are also applying to the Engineering I program.
- Examples of practice supplementary application questions (practice questions will be different from real interview questions):
- What does being resourceful mean to you, and why is it important?
- Tell us about a time management strategy you used. Why does it work?
- How do you create a balance for yourself when working in a stressful environment?
- Give us an example of a time you acted with integrity.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) & Advanced Placement(AP) Curriculum
- Applicants will be evaluated solely on their percentage grades
- If applicants wish to be assessed based on IB predicted scores, they must submit a written request to the Admission Office by May 1, 2017
- Advanced Credit
- IB - Minimum 5 out of 7 in Higher level courses
- AP - Minimum 4 out of 5
- Due to the accreditation of the iBioMed program, students are only eligible to receive advanced credit for their elective course
For information on the McMaster University application process, please visit the Future Students website »